Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! You may remember that I did an article like this last November. I enjoyed it so much, I decided to do it again this year! This year, I will name 10 different things I’m thankful for! Enjoy!
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
1. God’s protection during Hurricane Florence and Michael. These two threatened our home church and radio station, and yet we are still broadcasting! Everyone is safe and we had an amazing share-a-thon! In addition to operating costs, we were able to raise $25,000 for storm victims! God is good!
2. My new nephew. June 26th was very special for our family. It was the first time us still at home had been at the hospital while a new member of the family was coming into the world!
3. The King James Bible. God’s preserved Word for English speaking people has been such a blessing to me my whole life, but I’ve looked at it with a new appreciation this year. His Word shall stand!
4. More Radiance Blog. Oh, ladies, if you have not read this blog before, I recommend that you do! Rebekah Joy does an amazing job encouraging women of all ages (especially young ladies) in purity, waiting for the right one, modesty and Bible study. She is such a blessing. Can’t recommend her enough. www.moreradiance.com
5. My Local Library. Rediscovered the wonders of the library this year 😊 Love it!
6. My Piano Teacher. She is amazing, y’all! If you went to Gera’s wedding, she was the pianist!
7. Clean Water. We should never take this for granted. So many people go without it!
8. My Laptop. Without it, I couldn’t get post on my blog or publish my books!
9. The United States of America. Can we pause a moment to thank God that we live in the greatest nation on earth?
10. You! If it weren’t for each of my readers, I would have no reason to write!
Have a very happy Thanksgiving! Why not make a list of things you are thankful for this year? If you have a blog, share them with your readers. If not, share them with your family!
Happy November, everyone! It is wonderful to see another fruitful month come to a close, with a bright and shiny new one just waiting to be discovered and filled with memories! I don’t know about you, but I am loving the cooler weather! I’ve switched over my clothes and love getting to wear all my warm sweaters!
Anyway, this past month was invigorating! I can’t wait to share it all with you…so I won’t any longer!
Wow! It was jam-packed with FBN ministry! We kicked off the month in Murfreesboro, Tenn. at the Southwide Independent Baptist Fellowship Oct. 8th – 11th. Besides getting information out to the people, we were extremely blessed with the preaching. Every sermon was spot on and I can honestly say my heart was stirred like never before. What a blessing to know that we serve the God of the Impossible!
The following week (Oct. 14th-21st) we were at our home base in Newport, N.C. for our FBN Share-a-thon. God blessed exceeding and abundantly and in addition to our radio’s financial needs, God moved in the hearts of our listeners to donate $25,000 to help flood victims! Our pastor plans to use the money to help elderly couples who need repairs done to their homes. What a blessing and opportunity for witnessing!
We had one down week, catching up on home projects. Then, Dad and I were off to the Ambassador Baptist College Missions Conference! I look forward to this meeting every year. It’s close enough for us to drive home every afternoon and the sermons and testimonies are truly inspiring! May more servants be sent into the field!
Considering all the travel we’ve done, my life has remained relatively calm. At a friend’s wedding, I caught the bridal bouquet, something I have been trying to do since I was six or seven-years-old!
I was also privileged to get the opportunity to speak one on one with three aspiring authors and (hopefully) give them some coherent advise 😉 Sometimes, even though I work with words all the time, I feel like I can’t express my thoughts through speech very well.
Well, I am almost out of June in my book, but that being said, I had a lot of things happening in the month of June. I will not lie and say that I’ve gotten a ton of writing done, but I am very pleased with how much I was able to get in. I feel like the story is starting to take shape. With all the traveling, there hasn’t been much time to write, but I’m grateful for what I got in!
Also, today is the 1st day of National Novel Writing Month! I’m going to try my best to get 50,000 words in this month, whether in a new project as a break of sorts, or in my WIP. Either way, I am making a conscious attempt to write more this month!
Christian. American. Southern. Author.